Based in Warsaw, Poland
May 10th 2016
Press / Business contact:
Sword fight and free run with and against your friends in this team based online+couch arena brawler.
About our game
- Fast - paced
- Ideal for short sessions, but beware, it’s addictive!
- Every move is deadly, really, this game is one hit -> one kill.
- Ideal for any number of players
- 2 players - it’s a duel
- 4 players - it’s a brawl
- 6 players - it’s a battle
- 8 players - what’s going on?
- Well.. except for 1 player. But wait, what public games are for?
- Hand painted, unique levels
- You’ve never experienced such controls. Do you know any game where you can jump downwards?
- All walls are your friends. You can climb any structure in the game as easily as just running.
- Mix couch and online coop in any way you want. You can have any number of players playing from any number of PCs across internet (well, up to 8 total).
- Unlock new characters with your achievement and show your prowess with skin recolor of your choice.
- Use items to kill, escape and distract your enemies.
So it is fighting only? Not really. Use your fighting skills in additional game modes like Treasure Hunt and Artifact.
Treasure HuntTreasure Hunt mode is quite straightforward. Coins are laying around the arena. Go get them to your base before enemy team does. Or... hunt players carrying those coins.
ArtifactArtifact mode is something new you’ve never experienced before. It goes like this:
- There’s an artifact levitating in the center of map
- Your goal is to take artifact to your base to expand it
- Artifact is attracted to your team if you feed it souls of your enemies. Guess how to obtain those souls...
- You have to cooperate as all of your team has to work together to control the artifact
- Confused? Just try it out. It’s easy once you play it.
Behind the scenesAssassins vs Pirates is first child of Deadbit - team of three people: two programmers and one artist, all from Poland. No funding, no publisher, no marketing team.
Game started as an 8 hours game jam project in March 2015. It became apparent that innovative movement controls might be something fresh in couch brawler genre.
All members of Deadbit left their daily jobs to develop this game, living from their savings for over a year.
Deadbit originated from KNTG Polygon - Students scientific association of game developers where all members honed their skills of game development during many game jams and lectures.
Assassins vs Pirates has been Greenlit on Steam by the community in August 2015.
Game Launch on Steam and CDP.PL is scheduled for May 10th, 2016.
Ports for XBox One and Play Station 4 are planned.
Technical details:Game consists of
- 3 game modes (Team Deathmatch, Treasure Hunt and Artifact)
- 4 maps
- 3 utility items (bomb, grapling hook and smoke screen)
- 24 unlockable skins (8 characters with 3 recolors each)
- 14 tracks of music
Assassins vs Pirates Gameplay trailer #1 YouTube
Assassins vs Pirates Greenlight Tutorial Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Deadbit, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Steam Store page
Assassins vs Pirates - store.steampowered.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Matt "PanDenat" Ostrowski
Grzegorz "Draculeq" Śnieciński
Katarzyna "Kostka" Garstka
Michał "Cadillac Loops" Korniewicz
Music & sound design
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer) - also thanks to these fine folks